- To Install with Extended Eye Cup
- Why the Fujifilm X-T3 requires a different Thumbrest than the X-T2.
- Why are You Not Offering the X-T3 Thumbrest in Silver?
Designed specifically for the Fujifilm X-T3, with ideal length and curve geometry.
- The sculpted thumbrest relaxes your grip on the camera, reduces camera shake and allows slower shutter speeds.
- Makes one handed operation easier and prevents unintentional button presses.
- Camera specific design retains access to all controls.
- Integrated silicone insert provides both thumb grip and bumper between the rest and camera body.
- Silicone insert in the hot shoe tab provides resistance to unintentional ejection.
- Machined out of solid 6063 Aluminum rod, then bead blasted for texture and anodized for a tough finish.
Installing the X-T3 Thumbrest with the Extended Eye Cup
- Press the right hand side of the eye cup down and to the left, while sliding the thumbrest into the hot shoe housing.
- Do the reverse when uninstalling the Thumbrest.
Below is a comparison of the X-T3 on the left and the X-T2 on the right.
Once we had the X-T3 camera in hand is became obvious that the hot shoe mount on the X-T3 had been moved back. You can see in the 1st photo below that the X-T3 camera body, to the right of the hoe shoe mount, is no longer in line - but step back slightly - where as the X-T2 right hand side lines up with the opening to the hot shoe mount.
Also so it is hard to tell from the 2 photos above but the hot shoe mount on the X-T3 is slightly higher than the X-T2 - so our current X-T2 Thumbrest not only needs to move back but also moved down so the right hand side has contact with the camera to stop any torquing of the thumb rest in the hot shoe housing.
After many unsuccessful attempts to get an acceptable Silver X-T3 option, we have decided to offer the Thumbrest in Black only.
The X-T3 Silver, unlike the X100F Silver, is darker in color with a blueish hue, almost a gunmetal Silver. We could use a high tech paint as it is much easier to color match, but we do not feel the quality of the finish would be as durable as an Anodized part. Anodizing uses electricity to bind the finish to the metal - this makes for a tough finish and actually hardens the metal - perfect for hand grease and general daily handling.
The Black X-T3 Thumbrest balances out the Black of the camera body, complimenting the Fujifilm design and enhancing it's functionality.
We Also Recommend
Larmor (GGS) Fujifilm X-T3 (does not fit X-T2 or X-T1) ) LCD Protector Ultra Thin Optical Glass