Why you need the Fujifilm Xpro3 Thumbrest by Lensmate
- The sculpted thumbrest relaxes your grip on the camera, reduces camera shake and allows slower shutter speeds.
- Makes one handed operation easier and prevents unintentional button presses.
- Camera specific design retains access to all controls.
- A light push with the thumb swings the rest 40 out from the camera and a light action ball detent keeps the thumbrest in the opened or closed position.
- Integrated silicone insert provides both thumb grip and bumper between the rest and camera body.
- Silicone insert in the hot shoe tab provides resistance to unintentional ejection.
- Machined out of solid 6061 Aluminum rod, then bead blasted for texture and anodized for a tough finish.
Will you be offering the Xpro3 FoldingThumbrest in Silver?
No, the Xpro3 Thumbrest is only available in Black.
Because the "silver" Xpro3 is more of a gun-metal on the silver camera, and a dark grey on the 2nd camera it is very difficult to match using a chemical finish like Anodizing. Unlike a painted finish anodizing produces a tough surface that is resistant to hand grease and will not wear off over time.
Our Black Anodized Thumbrest looks great on a silver body.
Photo of Xpro2 by customer Michael Ngo.
Why does the Xpro3 require more clearance ?
As seen in photo below, there is the potential for the Lensmate thumbrest to contact the camera if the hot shoe has a slight twist like our sample did. We should make clear this is not a defect of the camera since this twist doesn't affect the function of the accessories made by Fujifilm for the Xpro3.
We designed our thumbrest to hug the contours of the camera so it doesn't take more than a bit of misalignment to create clearance issues. We've increased the clearance to the camera with the Xpro3 thumbrest to address this problem. For those contemplating straightening a turned hot shoe - its more difficult to straighten the hot shoe now that its secured by screws from the inside of the camera.
Can I use the Fujifilm Xpro2 Thumbrest on the Xpro3 ?
Now there will be customers who try the Xpro2 thumb rest on the Xpro3 and will tell you it fits just fine, and that could be very true - that is because their hot shoe is perfectly centered and the fit is as we intended.
If your Xpro3 hot shoe is turned 5 thousandth of an inch or the rails are not straight, (you may need a magnifying glass), do not use the Xpro2 Thumbrest as there is a possibility you will have contact with the camera when opening the thumb rest.