Now you can add filters to your Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100, TZ100, TX1 with no vignetting throughout the entire focal range.
Using the Lensmate Quick-Change Filter Adapter kit, only the tiny receiver stays on the camera (it adds only 3mm to the depth of the camera). The filter/filter holder assembly bayonets onto the receiver for quick changes without having to thread the filter on and off. The filter holder is retained by a low tension locking system, so very little torque is applied to the lens barrel when attaching and detaching it.
There is no chance of flash blockage at any focal length (with the filter holder removed), since the receiver is smaller in diameter than the end of the lens barrel. It attaches to the camera using a 3M dual-sided adhesive film which holds tenaciously yet is easy to remove cleanly and safely when desired.
We designed the system so that the filter remains in the filter holder and is attached/detached as an assembly. The filter holder bayonets onto camera with less than 90° of rotation to the locked position.
The low tension locking system assures that the lens barrel won't be harmed by over-enthusiastic tightening (or loosening) of the filter. The ability to quickly change the filter without having to thread/unthread should appeal to filter users. You'll find that you're more likely to use your filters when they can be mounted and removed this easily.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100, TZ100, TX1 Quick-Change Filter Holder kit 52mm
is comprised of the following:
- The receiver with custom 3M adhesive ring (Part 1 - stays on the camera)
- The filter holder (Part 2)
- 52mm clip in style lens cap.
- A hinged lid container for the filter/filter holder/lens cap assembly for convenient storage.
- Install Tool.
- Safe removal device.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100, TZ100, XT1 Quick-Change Filter Adapter attachment directions.
The photos below are showing the Canon G5X but the installation is the same for the Panasonic.
Wipe area that the receiver will attach to (where the text is) and allow to dry.
Place the white installation guide over the lens. Note that the "Panasonic installation guide is black" and can be placed in any orientation.
Keeping the combined receiver and filter holder together, peel the plastic backing from the receiver ring, being sure to pull across the part not up.
Using the orange tape as a horizontal reference*, place the assembly into the white guide ring. Use care not to dislodge the guide ring in the process. You can still repeat the prior step if necessary if you haven’t yet pushed down on the assembly. Now press down firmly on the receiver (inside) ring, in a clock wise manor to ensure the entire surface has contact with the camera, and you’re done.
*The orange tape is aligned with the 2 “wings” of the receiver ring as a visual aid to locate the wings on the sides of the lens. The location of these wings doesn't affect the function of the device in any way.
To use, remove the filter ring by turning counterclockwise 1/4 turn. Attach filter to the filter ring off the camera and replace turning 1/4 turn clockwise until you feel a click. Always screw and unscrew the filter to Part 2 off the camera so you do not put undo strain on the 3M adhesive.
1. We recommend attaching and detaching filters from the filter holder when it's off the camera. In fact, you can't unscrew the filter from the filter holder on the camera because it will just remove the filter/ holder assembly as it was designed to do. Don't over tighten the filter - it requires little force to stay attached to the holder.
2. If you use a snug fitting bag or case, we recommend removing the filter holder/filter assembly before stowing the camera. If you do leave it on, be sure to check that the filter holder is still in the locked position when you use it again.
3. Some polarizers rotate with enough friction to remove the filter holder assembly when rotated in the direction of removal. If this happens, rotate the polarizer in the direction of attachment only.
4. If you use a wrist strap, be aware that jostling can dislodge the filter holder from the camera.
Removing the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100, TZ100, X-T1 Quick Change receiver from the camera.
- Don't turn the camera on, just remove the battery so you don't accidentally power up the camera. Lay the camera on its back. Let the thread of the removal tool find the space between the receiver and the end of the lens. Pull down and across - it should easily separate the two.
- Don't reuse the same adhesive once removed as it's probably been compromised in the removal process.