Add any standard 52mm filter to the Canon G7X Mark II & G7X using theLensmate Canon Canon G7X Mark II & G7X Quick Change Filter Adapter Kit 52mm,with no vignetting throughout the entire focal range with up to 2 filters combined.
This system is very compact only adding 3/8 (9mm) to the end of the cameras zoom lens, and does not interfere with any of the cameras functions. Cost 24.95.
Using theLensmate Quick-Change Filter Adapter kit, only the tiny receiver stays on the camera (it adds only 3mm to the depth of the camera). It attaches to the camera using a 3M dual-sided adhesive film which holds tenaciously yet is easy to remove cleanly and safely when desired.The filter/filter holder assembly bayonets onto the receiver for quick changes without having to thread the filter on and off. The filter holder is retained by a low tension locking system, so very little torque is applied to the lens barrel when attaching and detaching it. .
There isno flash blockageat any focal length (with the Part 2 - filter holder removed). With a filter attached, there is only a very small shadow at 24mm (full wide).
We designed the system so that the filter remains in the filter holder and is attached/detached as an assembly. The filter holder bayonets onto camera with less than 90 of rotation to the locked position.
The low tension locking systemassures that the lens barrel won't be harmed by over-enthusiastic tightening (or loosening) of the filter. The ability to quickly change the filter without having to thread/unthread should appeal to filter users. You'll find that you're more likely to use your filters when they can be mounted and removed this easily.
The Canon G7X Mark II & G7X Quick-Change Filter Holder kit 52mm
is comprised of the following:
- The receiver with custom 3M adhesive ring (Part 1- stays on the camera)
- The filter holder (Part 2)
- 52mm clip in style lens cap.
- A hinged lid container for the filter/filter holder/lens cap assembly for convenient storage.
- Safe removal device.
HMC Ultraviolet (UV) Filter- removes Haze and helps protect your cameras from dust, moisture and scratches.
Without UV Filter With UV Filter
Circular Polarizing Filter (double coated)- dramatically deepens blue skies, reduces unwanted reflections on nonmetallic surfaces and saturates colors, especially outdoors. The filter can be rotated to achieve the desired effect.
Without Polarizer With Polarizer
ND8 Neutral Density Filter (double coated)- Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film or sensor. They have no effect on color balance.
Their primary uses are:
- To enable slower shutter speeds to be used, to record movement or motion blur in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background and improve bokeh. The ND8 will reduce the light transmission by 3 stops.
1. We recommend attaching and detaching filters from the filter holder when it's off the camera. In fact, you can't unscrew the filter from the filter holder on the camera because it will just remove the filter/ holder assembly as it was designed to do. Don't over tighten the filter - it requires little force to stay attached to the holder.
2. If you use a snug fitting bag or case, we recommend removing the filter holder/filter assembly before stowing the camera. If you do leave it on, be sure to check that the filter holder is still in the locked position when you use it again.
3. Some polarizers rotate with enough friction to remove the filter holder assembly when rotated in the direction of removal. If this happens, rotate the polarizer in the direction of attachment only.
4. If you use a wrist strap, be aware that jostling can dislodge the filter holder from the camera.
CANON G7X MARK II & G7X (ALSO FITS G5X) INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - NO INSTALL TOOL REQUIRED
NOTE: Sony RX100 shown in photo
- Best done at room temperature.
- Turn the camera on and remove the battery.
- Use the alcohol wipe to clean the front of the lens barrel. Use care not to squeeze excess fluid onto the camera. Allow to dry completely.
- Part 1 comes with orange tape across the part marking the 2 "ears", when the orange tape is parallel to the top of the camera, the "ears" will be level. This positioning does not affect the function of mounting the filter - it's just for aesthetics.
- Removing the backing from the adhesive by pulling across the part not up, pulling up could cause the adhesive to pull off at the same time.
- Use the thumb and forefinger of both hands to lower the ring into position, noting the aforementioned position of the orange tape (which can be removed beforehand if preferred). If you're happy with the position of the ring, press it down lightly. If not, you can still reposition the ring to your liking.
- Replace the battery and turn the camera off to retract the lens. Now press firmly on the ring, in a clockwise major to ensure good contact with the camera.
- Remove the orange tape if you haven't already, and installation is complete. To use, always screw and unscrew your filter with Part 2 off the camera, then simply bayonet this assembly onto the receiver and start shooting.
- ReadImportant Tipsabove.
Tip:The 3M adhesive is very secure when installed correctly and using 1 or 2 filters. However, it does not do well with lateral forces. If you are using a camera bag place the camera on its back so you can pull the camera in and out easily without rubbing the front of the camera against the side of the bag, or remove Part 2 with the filter attached.