- Fujifilm X-E4 Thumb Grip vs Lensmate X-E4 - what's the difference.
- Comparing the Fujifilm X-E3 to the X-E4
Fujifilm X-E4 Thumbrest
by Lensmate engineered specifically for the Fujifilm X-E4, with ideal length and curve geometry.
- The sculpted thumbrest allows you to relax the grip on the camera, reducing camera shake allowing slower shutter speeds.
- Makes one handed operation easier and prevents unintentional button presses.
- Camera specific design retains access to all controls.
- Integrated silicone insert provides both thumb grip and bumper between the rest and camera body.
- Silicone insert in the hot shoe tab provides resistance to unintentional ejection.
- Machined out of solid 6061 Aluminum rod, then bead blasted for texture and anodized for a tough finish.
What is the difference between the Fujifilm X-E4 Thumbrest and the Lensmate ?
- The Lensmate X-E4 Thumbrest gives you a more secure grip to the camera as the contact area is larger.
- The ergonomic curvature of the Lensmate's right hand side holds your thumb in position - good for one-handed shooting.
- Lensmate's rear chamfer ensures there is enough clearance to protect the camera once installed.
Cost difference - Lensmate X-E4 Thumbrest $49.95 - Fujifilm sells for $69.99
Below is the Lensmate XE4 Thumbrest showing the large contact area - the custom silicone insert is there for both comfort and functionality.
COMPARING THE FUJIFILM X-E3 TO THE X-E4.
As you can see below, Fuji has changed the depth of the X-E4 and removed the hand grip section, making the X-E4 much more compact. They have also removed the rear dial and simplified the number of buttons.
Now that the camera is much smaller it really requires a Thumbrest or Thumb Grip to not slip out of your hand.